Don't Have A Printer. Where Can I Get An Icing Image Made?

Decorating By mariak Updated 3 May 2011 , 2:07pm by kakeladee

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 3

I have been wanting to get a printer to do icing images but it is still on the long list of things I want but can't afford right now. Is there a place I can take a picture and have one made. I know the grocery stores do them but I don't know if they will just sell the image. Some of the cakes I have seen the picture didn't come out very well also. I want something that is a really good quality image. Thanks for any help.

2 replies
jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 3

For a really good quality...may need to have your own. I contacted a bakery (considered to be one of the premier bakeries around) and I email them my image, drive down and pick up. ($10 per sheet). I can get it cheaper at Wal-Mart or a the bakery in the grocery store, but if its not a persons image, they won't do it. For me, I will spend the extra $3 & drive the extra 45 minutes to get the image that I really want!

kakeladee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladee Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 3

Hello,

I go to my local grocery store all the time to get images made. They are usualy ready in about 10-15 minutes. It costs $10 per image. In NJ I go to Shop Rite, Stop n Shop, Weis, Giants. Wegmans is the only store that will not sell the image. It can't hurt to ask. The worst they will tell you is no. Hope this helps. I'll be posting a sunset cake soon that I had the image made for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%