Gluten Free Cupcakes

Baking By Emma92 Updated 5 May 2011 , 12:05am by lorieleann

Emma92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emma92 Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:31pm
post #1 of 7

Hi

Does anyone know a really good Gluten free cupcake recipe?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:31am
post #2 of 7

Honestly when I had to include some GF cupcakes in an order, I used the Betty Crocker chocolate GF mix and they were very good. I put a chocolate ganache frosting on as well, but the cake was very good flavor and texture. I tried the Cherrybrook Kitchen mix and they were horrible! Because I don't plan on making GF desserts that often I am okay with using a good mix. It is a definate baking art to bake GF, and because nut allergies prevent me from bringing in many of the neat GF flours into my kitchen, it's something that I'm not going to explore right now.

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 3 May 2011 , 5:05am
post #3 of 7

I've use King Arthur's GF ap flour. I wouldn't know what else to compare it too, but the few that tried them, said they were good. Having said that, I must add that I only make vegan cupcakes... so maybe having butter and eggs and milk, would have helped my taste buds.. lol

Emma92 Posted 3 May 2011 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 7

thankyou for the advice, ive used alot of betty crocker before so think i will try them

are all icing sugars and sugar pastes gluten free??

thanks icon_smile.gif

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 7

i use cherrybrook kitchen gluten free, and no all icings an dsugars ( or vanillas) are gluten free. Most poweder sugars are gluten free, the one in 7 lb bag at sams says on the package gluten free, so thats what i stick with, also the tones brand vanilla is gluten free, thats what you really have to look for is on your vanilla because many are not gluten free.

Emma92 Posted 4 May 2011 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 7

i never thought about the vanilla.. thanks icon_smile.gif

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 5 May 2011 , 12:05am
post #7 of 7

I went with the mix because of all of the little extras (vanilla) that go into scratch possibly containing gluten. You have to even be careful of your chocolate chips when making ganache.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%