Princess Emulsion Users..

Baking By Pagea Updated 2 May 2011 , 9:52pm by Pagea

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a recipe that calls for Princess Emulsion. I can't get this locally and I would really like to try this within the next couple of days. Is there an alternate or substitute anyone suggest? TIA

-Page

5 replies
MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know of an alternate. But, since I would describe this as a vanilla citrus, perhaps use vanilla with a very small touch of lemon for the citrus when you put in the extracts.

Any chance you have a Hobby Lobby near you? We just got one & I was thrilled to see they carried it as Michaels & AC Moore do not.

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 6

I am a Princess emulsion user but I am not sure how to describe/suggest an alternative. I say this because the emulsion is stronger than an extract and does not bake off as much. If I remember correctly, I think there is a bit of citrus, almond, vanilla, and butter. I have used it for so long that I never really stopped to think about the different flavors in it dunce.gif.

I do suggest that you pick up or order the Princess, Buttery Sweet Dough emulsions and of course Fiori Di Sicilia!! icon_smile.gif

I hope some of our other CCers can help you more than I did!! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 6

What is Fiori Di Sicilia and where do you buy it?

Never heard of it.

PS I really, really like Princess.

tigachu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigachu Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

What is Fiori Di Sicilia and where do you buy it?

Never heard of it.

PS I really, really like Princess.

Fiori Di Sicilia is a citrus and vanilla blend, also used in pannetone. I get mine from king arthur flour . Com. I love it!!

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 2 May 2011 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you ladies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%