Your Vistaprint Website

Business By SUNSHINEMOLLY Updated 21 Jan 2014 , 5:14pm by WebEminence

SUNSHINEMOLLY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUNSHINEMOLLY Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:02am
post #1 of 32

I hope this is allowed on here... let me know if it's not.

I was looking into vistaprint for my basic website.

If you have one, can you please pop it on here so ican have a look at some of their samples. Or do they have sample sites to view, can't seem to find them.

31 replies
lyndya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndya Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:23am
post #2 of 32

I loved using vistaprint website design. Very easy, and updating is a breeze.

Carabio2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carabio2010 Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:23am
post #3 of 32

I'd be interested to hear more about using vistaprint webistes also. Do you have the option to have an online order form? Or are we just talking basic information on what you offer, prices and contact info??

Thanks muchly!

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:52am
post #4 of 32

You will have access to view all the sample sites once you register. you have to put your credit card info first but you won't be charged because the first 30 days are free! icon_smile.gif I think it's great to start out with and my site was up and running within hours. You do have the option to add a pay pal shopping cart and their are other online forms that you can make as well. It's really worth giving it a try the most expensive package is only $25.00 a month and like I said earlier you can cancel at anytime and there's a 30 day free trial! icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:08am
post #5 of 32

Just as a point of reference, most web hosting packages that do not include a pre-built web site (meaning you would need to make the site on your own or hire someone else to do it) cost about $30-40/year.

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:54am
post #6 of 32

I attempted to use Vista print and did not care for the limited selection of functions. If you wanted more, then you had to pay for it. I use Yahoo Webbuilder and i'm very happy. I get more for my money and it's cheaper than using Vistaprint. Your domain name is free for a year and you can choose to start out with a month, or three months or pay for a full year. The year is cheaper if you want to start out that long. I did the three month option then it's $11.95/month after that and it's billed every three months. The webbuilder is easy to use. Hope this helps.

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:36am
post #7 of 32

I use vista print, you can check my page out at sweetiesweetcakes.com and see for yourself. There are pros and cons to it. It's hard to contact anyone for support. But it is cheap and easy to use.

SUNSHINEMOLLY Posted 4 May 2011 , 12:00pm
post #8 of 32

I have used vistaprint for years and have never had any issues with them. I ordered a business stamp once but it had not stamp, contacted them and it was posted out to me within days no questions asked.

I LOVE how you can get matching stationary too with all your business stuff.

I will have a look at your site too. Thanks

SUNSHINEMOLLY Posted 4 May 2011 , 12:06pm
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJo3

I use vista print, you can check my page out at sweetiesweetcakes.com and see for yourself. There are pros and cons to it. It's hard to contact anyone for support. But it is cheap and easy to use.

Hi i checked out your website looks great but, i could not find any gallery? and I found the text on the LHS so tiny. Is that just my computer maybe?
Sorry, don't want to offend at all, but just making sure if it's just me.

jason_kraft Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:08pm
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNSHINEMOLLY

Quote:

Hi i checked out your website looks great but, i could not find any gallery? and I found the text on the LHS so tiny. Is that just my computer maybe?

It's not just you, the navigation links on the left are very small and difficult to see or click on.

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:27pm
post #11 of 32

I looked into their website & didn't go with them ... I saw others that have used them & the font & links were so small & it didn't have easy navigation. The price is cheap but with that being said you get what you pay for.

I went with a different company because I was able to have more options lots more templates Navigation really simple & tech support help is there 24/7 etc and a great price to boot

So I would shop around if I were you.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:28pm
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNSHINEMOLLY

Quote:

It's not just you, the navigation links on the left are very small and difficult to see or click on.

I use Vista Print too, and has no problems with it, their customer Support is excellent, and you have to set the fort so it is bigger. I am redoing my page but you can check it out for example, www.deliciousdelicacies.com also you can tell them your competitors price, and they will match, they did for me.

KellyJo3 Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:30pm
post #13 of 32

I absolutley agree with you. I have been trying to figure out how to make them larger and I don't think there is a way. Just chalk that up to another negative about vistaprint! No offense at all and there is a slideshow of pics on the home page.

KellyJo3 Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:32pm
post #14 of 32

I meant no offense taken at all, lol sorry about that : )

KellyJo3 Posted 4 May 2011 , 3:34pm
post #15 of 32

Uniqueask: I was wondering how you got the print on the side so much bigger? Thanks! I think it may be the layout I picked. I may have to change that! : (

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:19pm
post #16 of 32

And please don't use this phrase that comes with those templates. It's on so many people's VistaPrint websites, it's vomit inducing. Why don't people write their own? icon_confused.gif

Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. That is why we treat your event as if it was being held in our own home....blah blah blah

napa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
napa Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:06pm
post #17 of 32

I have recently signed up for a vistaprint website and found it really easy. I selected the theme to match business stationary. I found that it was straightforward to personalise and you can keep adding to it. I am in UK but I assume there is the same options in USA. Welcome to have a look and ask any questions - www.orangeblossomcakecompany.co.uk

napa Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:07pm
post #18 of 32

I have recently signed up for a vistaprint website and found it really easy. I selected the theme to match business stationary. I found that it was straightforward to personalise and you can keep adding to it. I am in UK but I assume there is the same options in USA. Welcome to have a look and ask any questions - www.orangeblossomcakecompany.co.uk

napa Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:08pm
post #19 of 32

napa Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:09pm
post #20 of 32

Uniqueask Posted 4 May 2011 , 8:53pm
post #21 of 32
Quote:

Uniqueask: I was wondering how you got the print on the side so much bigger? Thanks! I think it may be the layout I picked. I may have to change that! : (

I just Play around with it, It took me a while, It is like working with Microsoft Word, and also if you call for support they will help you, I did many times.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #22 of 32

I think $25 per month is high! I pay $12 a month with an ecommerce site with ShoppePro. Shop around....
p.s. I bought my website template for $70 and I own it forever now.

CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:41pm
post #23 of 32

I use wix for my website. They have templates that are easy to personalize. I create my own from scratch and believe me: I am no web designer. It is easy to change things. I paid $149.00 for the year and included my domain. I got several pages with several pictures. I'm sure I can add more, I'm still playing with it. Contact form works great. Direct to my e-mail box. Facebook like sign works great too.. Www.divinedesigncakeboutique.com

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:16pm
post #24 of 32

CakeDiva - love your site and your CAKES! Excellent work!!!!

Uniqueask Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:20pm
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motta

CakeDiva - love your site and your CAKES! Excellent work!!!!

Yes it is amazing.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:46pm
post #26 of 32

This was a good thread. Thanks all, for putting up your wonderfully creative websites and for your input!

CakeDiva101 Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:46pm
post #27 of 32

Thank you so much. It is still a work in progress icon_smile.gif

KellyJo3 Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:58pm
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueask

Quote:

I just Play around with it, It took me a while, It is like working with Microsoft Word, and also if you call for support they will help you, I did many times.

Thank you very much. I just ended up changing the whole thing anyways. The small font was really bugging me, but thank you anyways icon_smile.gif

jason_kraft Posted 5 May 2011 , 12:12am
post #29 of 32

Web sites made with wix look nice, but because they are flash-based they will not work on iPhones or iPads, and they can't be indexed by search engines so people will have a harder time finding your site. They also tend to be more processor-intensive and run more slowly on older computers.

CakeDiva101 Posted 5 May 2011 , 12:29am
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Web sites made with wix look nice, but because they are flash-based they will not work on iPhones or iPads, and they can't be indexed by search engines so people will have a harder time finding your site. They also tend to be more processor-intensive and run more slowly on older computers.

Yes, Jason is correct about the iphone and ipad. I canot view my website on both. I took that into consideration. I like the flash because of the bling and movement it provides. I'm also on Facebook and when you google my name, my facebook page comes up on the first page. (here does anyways). It is nice if your website comes up on a general search but I use my site as a place to display my work and introduce potential clients to my way of doing cakes. Also, I want to let them know my base prices so if I'm beyond of what they expect to pay they won't waste their time and mine by contacting me. It looks more professional than facebook. My clients come to me by word of mouth and referrals. My website is just to look professional in their eyes. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%