When Placing A Color Flow Guitar On The Side Of A Bc Cake..

Decorating By laddybug Updated 2 May 2011 , 3:07pm by kakeladi

laddybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laddybug Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 3

I have a cake order with color flow guitars.

I want to attach some color flow guitar's around the side of a BC frosted cake.
Should I use Piping Gel, BC or Color Flow, or RI to attach the guitars?

Thank you,
Carrie (Japan)

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 May 2011 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 3

Personally I'd probably use buttercream since I'd already have it made. But if you have left over color flow or royal you can use that.

I wouldn't do the piping gel personally.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2011 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 3

Carrie I have done many such decos as I do mostly b'cream cakes. If your piece is thick and not real thin the best thing to use to attach them is a *open circle* of b'cream on the back of the CF piece. The smaller/thinner the piece the more chance there might be a reaction between the royal and the b'cream. Some tiny flowers have slightly changed color and/or softened some. Mind you they will not dissolve into a puddle of icing but can soften/change color UNevenly. Just be super sure the flooded piece is *very dry* before adding it to the cake icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%