What Airbrush Colors Should I Buy?

Decorating By CutieMcCakes Updated 6 May 2011 , 3:04pm by CutieMcCakes

CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 5

Hello again! I'm building my "arsenal of colors" for my airbrush. I've got the standard ROYGBIV colors, but I'm feeling like I need others now that I'm doing more and more cakes... does anyone have suggestions of colors that I should definitely have? gold? silver?

Also, where do you like to buy yours? I bought my first batch from Hubert, but I'm starting to look elsewhere for better pricing.

Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!!!!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 5

I get nearly everything from CK Products and Bakery crafts. I find that I use a lot of white airbrush. I can tone done the bright colors, or make pastels. Also Pearl.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 5

I use all the colors and white and pearl sheens as well.I also have all the metallics...

JanetBme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanetBme Posted 2 May 2011 , 12:29am
post #4 of 5

I have small bottles of most colors, but get the big bottles of black, red-red, royal blue, and Ivory. I like Americolor colors the best. They are pretty true to their colors.

CutieMcCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutieMcCakes Posted 6 May 2011 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone! Is there a certain distributor that you use or do you have any secret websites that sell at better prices? I've been looking at GSA, but you mentioned Bakery Craft...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%