Tips For Making A Giveaway To Get Facebook To Get Followers?

Lounge By CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Updated 30 Apr 2011 , 3:16am by CookieCrazy_grozzie11

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all, I know its either on here or on cookiers r us, I cannot find it ! but many have run incentives to gain interest or increase their facebook fans? do you know where those discussions were ?? or how to do it? I have recently started a page and would like to get some ideas on how to increase my fan base.

Thank You

3 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry, I don't know where that post is, but I have a few comments for you to think about.

What kind of fans are you trying to attract? Customers or other bakers? That will help you determine what kind of prize to offer.

If you want customers, then offer a free dozen cookies or cupcakes, whatever your product is, or a gift certificate to your business.

If you are looking for other bakers, then offer something a baker would like to get, maybe a pack of some Americolors or some pretty cupcake liners, a cookie cutter, etc.

If you don't care what kind of fans, then offer some themed item, like a cupcake charm or bracelet, or a pretty cake stand. You don't have to spend a lot of money. (look for a good sale.)

Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 4

when I first started and only had a few fans, I had written on my fan page and website, that any member of my fan page (when telling me theyre a fan and giving me theyre FB name) receives a percentage off their orders. (kinda like AAA or military discounts lol). Word spreads with something like that, and if I would get a phone call inquiry I always asked if they were in my fan page. If they said no, I would say "OH! Well I highly suggest you join and ask your friends to as well, all fan members get % off their orders!"
When the fan base grew to a number I was satisfied with, I stopped the 10% off.

I have a link from my website that takes people right to my fanpage, saying "Like my fan page to view more photos and get updates and special offers!"

And sometimes when things were slow, or on special occasions or major holidays, I'd have a raffle. All fan members have a chance of winning, say, a dozen free cake pops. When the holiday arrived, I'd randomly pick a name and that fan got the pops.

Having exciting little things like that go on increased my fan base.

dont be shy to ask any of your friends who have a fb account to become a fan either. Remember, when your friends become a fan, their friends will see that on THEIR facebook, and youll get that good old snowball effect. Also, ask your friends to "share" your fanpage with THEIR friend list, asking their friends to like your page too.

If you want to spend the money, theres also a section where if you pay FB they will advertize your page for you. It;s not expensive really, I did it for a while but it didnt bring in as many people as all the other stuff did.

When EVER you give out your business info, copy and paste the link to the fan page. Whenever I email or text someone my website, I always include the fan page as well. On phones that have internet access all they have to do is click on their phone and theyre on your page. Even my business cards have my phone, email, website, and fanpage link.

Whenever I have a satisfied customer, I tell her/him I would highly appriciate it if she would like the page (if she hasnt already) and give me a nice review on it.

I pay way more attention to the page than I do my website. My website has only had a few hundred hits, where my page has thousands. Dont ignore the page, always update it with pictures, info, promotions, anything new! Remember anything you type onto your page is automatically viewd by the people that "like" it on their wall.

I dont live in the states, but where I am facebook has overpowered any website, and if you have a business, definately have it on facebook!

Good luck!

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #4 of 4

Thank You both, I was feeling a little funny about asking. However I like your suggestions and yes, much easier to update facebook than website.

thanks again, anyone else please let me knowyour ideas

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%