Need Help With Lawn Mower Bag.

Decorating By korine Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm by Kitagrl

korine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korine Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 4:42am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone, I've been asked to do a cake for my aunt, They originally asked for a lawnmower and I could come up with whatever.....But now they have sent me a picture of the actual lawn mower they have....I had looked and asked around about the handle and had an idea of what I was going to do, but now I have this picture and may have to come up with a new plan.
Does anyone have suggestions. I would take them for the board? The handle and mostly importantly the bag? Is there a way to do this bag, or should I just do the cake without it??
Thanks so much for the help/tips!

3 replies
korine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korine Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 5:14am
post #2 of 4

Sorry I have been trying and trying and can not seem to get a picture up.
The lawn mower is a John Deere,and has the bag coming out the top instead of the back. Kinda suspended by the handle. Wish I could have gotten the picture up.

seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 4

This is a real stab in the dark but I saw this Rutgers cake where the decorator made the plume out of meringue. I thought that was a brilliant way to make something big but light. I havent thought your lawnmower all the way through, but I wonder if there would be a way to make it out of meringue? It would be lighter than RTKs.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2002488

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 4

You could probably put a small board the size of the horizontal base of the bag, and attach it to the cake board with a 1" dowel and hide the dowel in the back of the mower. Make the handle out of sturdy wire or small dowels and attach those deep into the cake and poke slightly into the board if possible, using royal or melted chocolate to help secure (even maybe large straws filled with melted chocolate and then push in the wire or dowels which will secure it tighter in the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%