Searching For Recipe

Baking By Bri122005 Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 12:45am by Bri122005

Bri122005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bri122005 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 7

Several weeks ago, I was surfing around researching the two-stage method vs the creaming method. On one of the forums, there was a similar discussion and someone posted a recipe for a white cake. I saved it on my computer and it was the best white cake! BUT last week, my computer crashed and I lost the recipe!! I know the batter called for 6 egg whites and 1 tbs of baking powder...people were talking about what a large amount of baking powder that is. Does anyone know the recipe I'm talking about? I made Easter cupcakes with this recipe for a client, and they have requested the same cake for this weekend. I really need to find it! Thank you!

6 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 7

Is the post in your watched topics? If you made a reply of any kind, it should be there. (for the future, you can also click 'watch this topic' at the bottom of a thread you are interested in saving.

I'm sorry I don't have the link for you. I do remember the topic about the baking powder, so I bet someone will find it fast for you.

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 7

Here is a recipe that was on the reverse creaming topic, i hope this is it....
Here is the link to the topic..http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-706229.html

1 cup milk
6 egg whites
1/2 TBLS Vanilla
1/2 TBLS Almond
1/3 cup mayo
Mix above all in 1 bowl, should sit to get alittle warmer, but doesnt have to

2 1/4 flour
1 3/4 sugar
3 TBLS + 1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Mix together (i do it in my kitchenaid with the wisk attachment)
add 1 stick softened unsalted butter (i do room temp) whisk and scrap til it looks like sand
Pour in wet.

This is seriously the best recipe I have ever tried. and i did the white scratch off and a hanful of other recipes too. And i use and abuse it too! it becomes lemon poppyseed, strawberry, cherry, whatever i need to make just like they use the WASC

Bri122005 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 7

That's the recipe! Thank you for the replies, tips and help!

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 7

Does this cake come out light and fluffy? Or is it a more dense cake?

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 7

Is it really 3TBS. + 1 tsp.? On the original thread, it was mentioned that 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. was correct.

Bri122005 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 12:45am
post #7 of 7

I've only made this cake once as cupcakes, and I did a yellow not white. I used 4 whole eggs, 1 tbls baking powder, and no almond flavoring (the cupcakes were for children). But it worked perfectly for me. The texture was similar to a box cake, but the flavor was homemade and wonderful. It didn't shrink up or have an eggy taste like so many white/yellow cakes that I've tried. I was really very pleased.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%