Scratch Strawberry Cake

Baking By superfly Updated 5 Jul 2011 , 2:51pm by AmbitiousBeginner

superfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superfly Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 6

I need an amazingly moist scratch strawberry cake recipe? I see summer's scratch strawberry cake recipe here on CC has a high rating, but any of them really truly amazing?

superfly

5 replies
Queento2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queento2 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 6

I recently made this one, and everyone really liked it. I paired it with a basic white BC frosting that I got from somewhere on the internet when i first attempted my own BC. But, from this week on out i'll be using Indydebi's BC.

here's a link to the cake:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Cake-from-Scratch/Detail.aspx

I added in 8oz of sour cream too. Everyone talked about how yummy and moist it was it.

annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 6

I absolutely love Martha Stewart's strawberry cupcake recipe.

http://www.marthastewart.com/282706/strawberry-cupcakes-with-strawberry-butt

I have made this many times in cake form (did it this past weekend!). Usually use a strawberry filling and vanilla butercream. Absolutely love it! Everyone always raves about it

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 6

Is this recipe incredibly moist? I have 1 strawberry cake recipe that is so moist, it wouldn't last in a wedding cake.

Queento2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queento2 Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 6

My toy story cake was strawberry. the strwaberry cake bed was doweled onto the cake(for lack of better wording). I think it would hold up as long as the proper support was inserted, JMO though, cause i've never stacked many cakes together using this recipe. and make sure you add 1/2 tsp of salt as i don't think the recipe calls for it, but i put it in.

AmbitiousBeginner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmbitiousBeginner Posted 5 Jul 2011 , 2:51pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly

I need an amazingly moist scratch strawberry cake recipe? I see summer's scratch strawberry cake recipe here on CC has a high rating, but any of them really truly amazing?

superfly

I've made summer's scratch strawberry cake a few times and everyone always love it. I add some strawberry puree to my bc and use as a filling, I've also added fresh strawberries. Helps bring out the strawberry flavor even more. I used this cake on the bottom of a three tier cake (14, 10, 6) it was fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%