My Wedding Cake

Decorating By saphron Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 9:56am by saphron

saphron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saphron Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:56am
post #1 of 12

Hi can anyone please help me
i am getting married in may and i'm trying to make my own wedding cake i have made four tiers but am not sure how soon i can stack them ?
Also i have made flowers that i would have liked to come from the top tier but i am not sure how to wire them to do this
Hope some can help me i'm very stressed

11 replies
andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:46am
post #2 of 12

There are a lot of tutorials on youtube that show you how to stack. they will be easier then someone telling you how to do it

Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:04am
post #3 of 12

making ur own cake!! woow r u sure ur going to have time to do it?
andreamen1 i think she knows how to stack she just wants to know when..
honestly i think if its properly supported it could last 12 hours or more i would advice u not to use wooden dowls, using the plastic tube shaped dowls would give a better support and make them last long..
but all in all if u realy really reaaaaaaally want to make ur own cake is to teach some on to stack them for u.. u can do everyhting else just teach someone to stack and do the final touches.. have everything ready to be put together ..

about the wiring i cant be of help cause i havnt done that befor but i beleive u need to structure it the same way u want it to fall on ur cake.. i dont know how its done but i would think u need a central support wire that goes in which ever direction u want it to be on the cake and then just attach the wired flowers to that ....

i hope that heleped alittle

saphron Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:33am
post #4 of 12

I know i most be mad!!
i have have the plastic dowls and each cake is on a board was just wishing i could stack the sooner so i could get on with over jobs i have cupcakes to do the day before !!
thanks for your help

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:44am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by saphron

I know i most be mad!!
i have have the plastic dowls and each cake is on a board was just wishing i could stack the sooner so i could get on with over jobs i have cupcakes to do the day before !!
thanks for your help

If you aren't getting married until May, why is any part of the cake finished already? Is it fruitcake?

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:52am
post #6 of 12

Wow what cakes did you make? Your starting quite early.. Hope they're fruit!!

Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:01am
post #7 of 12

hmm should i be guessing that the flowers are wat u will be working on now not the cakes?
cause it is really early to make a cake now ..

saphron Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:03am
post #8 of 12

yeh all are fruit cakes

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:27am
post #9 of 12

did you make them and freeze them??

saphron Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:49am
post #10 of 12

No !! i have allways made my fruit cakes early for xmas ect
have idone it wrong ??

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:38am
post #11 of 12

No, your cakes will be fine keeping till may if they are fruit, Just make sure you have them all wrapped and stored correctly.

(i usually wrap in a layer of greaseproof paper , then two layers tin foil and keep in a dark place )

as long as you have good supports (i would also use plastic dowels, not wooden ) you could stack in advance, my brothers engagement cake was fruit, 3 tiers and i stacked 3 days before hand as i also had to cook the food for the party, It was absolutely fine and lasted great, No issues with transport but it was well glued down with royal icing between each tier.

If your worried about transport, you could stack your bottom two, And stack your top two tiers, together but then keep them seperate, and then assemble the two together on site which would save a little time as well as alot of nerves about the travel too icon_smile.gif

saphron Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:56am
post #12 of 12

oh thanks thats great to know thought i was going have to start again then lol
i was not sure that people realised the wedding is may is year!!! sounds like a good plan to stack the two for traveling thanks for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%