Ugh!

Decorating By cakefairy2348 Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 3:15pm by Bluehue

cakefairy2348 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy2348 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 6

So I went to another website for a recipe for Black Forest cupcakes for a charity bake sale, they came terrible!!!!!! They take great, but the cherries sank to the bottom, making them hard to eat! Just venting, I guess I have learned not to venture off a website that has great bakers, sharing wonderful recipes!!!!

5 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 6

I make black forest-ish cupcakes by using plain chocolate cupcakes, filling them with a home-made cherry filling and topping with either vanilla cream cheese frosting, or cream cheese frosting with some whipped cream folded through.

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah, the last time I tried baking cupcakes with fruit in them like that, they didn't turn out so good. So I do the basic cupcake like Coral3 does and fill it with a fruity filling. Then it's like a little surprise in each cupcake! icon_smile.gif

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 6

i've used chopped dried cherries coated with flour before. they actually turned out good. i've used them in cupcakes and brownies. both were great!

ezkate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezkate Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 11:59am
post #5 of 6

that is spot on, when using fruit in batters coat lightly in flour and add at last minute and be gentle otherwise sink sink sink! the fruit is foreign and heavy adding the flour helps them how would you say grip or cling to the batter and hopefully stay in place

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

I make black forest-ish cupcakes by using plain chocolate cupcakes, filling them with a home-made cherry filling and topping with either vanilla cream cheese frosting, or cream cheese frosting with some whipped cream folded through.

Coral, do you ever use the Morello Cherries (pitted of course icon_wink.gif ) in your chocolate cakes?
I substitue some of the MC syrup for other liquids and then chop the cherries into quarters -
Not only delish - but they don't all sit on the bottom of the cup cakes either.
Just a little snippet of info - incase you haven't tried them thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Blue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%