New Here

Lounge By sistergirl1 Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 7:29pm by mimido

sistergirl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sistergirl1 Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kathryn, and I have two sons, a 5-year-old, who loves to help me bake (although I don't yet let him help with the frosting, because he would just want to eat it all), and a 5-month-old, who is teething on me as I type. I live near Nashville, Tenn., close to where I grew up, although I spent a number of years in Georgia and in California before making my way back here.

I'm a sort of a hobby cake decorator. I do a few a year, usually for my family's birthdays and occasionally for friends. I started with a Wilton class nearly 10 years ago, because I wanted to bake and decorate my own wedding cake (yep, big mistake, especially considering I lived in California at the time and the wedding was to be at my parents' house in Tennessee). I've taken one more class since then, but I've also learned a fair amount from books (particularly how to make gumpaste and fondant flowers, and marzipan fruits).

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to learning a lot from you experts!

~kathryn~

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome Kathryn!! You are going to love it here!!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 3:12am
post #3 of 7

Yes, welcome! You will LUV this site. I started the same way as you (agreed - stressful making a wedding cake and transporting) and now I'm addicted! There is so much to learn on here... have fun!
Terri

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:24am
post #4 of 7

Hi and Welcome to CC, sistergirl1. icon_smile.gif

Look forward to seeing you online. thumbs_up.gif

Beckup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckup Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:45am
post #5 of 7

Welcome to CC & your new addiction, Kathryn! You are going to fall in love with this site. There are so many talented people here to learn from. thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 6:00am
post #6 of 7

welcome to the best site for all things cake! Its true that this is VERY addicting, so what I do is make sure I go to the bathroom, grab me a fresh Coke and a snack BEFORE I log in! icon_lol.gif

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 7

Hello and welcome, you will learn so much from this site, enjoy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%