Is This Cake Done?

Decorating By dukeswalker Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm by sebrina

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 3:52am
post #1 of 8

I was given free range on a baby shower cake and only asked to use certain colors....Can you take a quick peek at the cake and let me know what you think? Is it "done"? icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2001679

Thanks a ton cakers!

7 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:01am
post #2 of 8

It looks great, but I don't think it's quite done. The top layer is missing something - it looks a bit more naked than the bottom. The bottom is busier. I would just pull one accent/ decoration from the bottom- perhaps just do the draping, as you have the topper as well (very cute, BTW!) You don't want to overpower it, but you need something to fill in that bit of space.

Frecklysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklysmom Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:04am
post #3 of 8

Looks good to me! Love the swags! Very cute!

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:12am
post #4 of 8

Adorable! If you wanted you could add some tiny ribbon roses & leaves on the sides of the top tier. But I think it's cute as a button! thumbs_up.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 4:42am
post #5 of 8

I think it looks great as is but if you wanted you could add a few small flowers like the one you have on the topper or a few of the rosettes you have but maybe a slight bit smaller. I think it's adorable either way. I love the colors.

laurenboxall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurenboxall Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 6:57am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeCakesbyMichelle

I think it looks great as is but if you wanted you could add a few small flowers like the one you have on the topper or a few of the rosettes you have but maybe a slight bit smaller. I think it's adorable either way. I love the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrina

Adorable! If you wanted you could add some tiny ribbon roses & leaves on the sides of the top tier. But I think it's cute as a button! thumbs_up.gif

I second these two suggestions, some smaller ribbon roses would fill that space without making it over the top. I love that design on the bottom tier!

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:50pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the input. I've made some smaller rolled roses and I'm thinking about putting them on the sides of the cake...I really like the simplicity of the top tier with the bassinet & bear accentuated by the bottom tier and the busy stripes/swags....I'll have to play around with it some. icon_smile.gif

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeswalker

Thanks for the input. I've made some smaller rolled roses and I'm thinking about putting them on the sides of the cake...I really like the simplicity of the top tier with the bassinet & bear accentuated by the bottom tier and the busy stripes/swags....I'll have to play around with it some. icon_smile.gif

Your cake is also in the Most Saved Cake Photos Today line up. 12 favs just the way it is! So, if you like, I would leave it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%