Lego Rolling Cookie Cutter

Decorating By snickers34 Updated 15 Apr 2011 , 2:24am by donnlara

snickers34 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snickers34 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,
can someone please help me? My son asked for a lego birthday cake for his birthday next month. I can't find a lego rolling cookie cutter anywhere icon_sad.gif and I don't know how else I could make the blocks. Any ideas where I can find the cutter or how to make the blocks look real? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

4 replies
MaTwosey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaTwosey Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 5

I'm getting ready to make a lego cake myself. I found some silicon molds on Amazon. One for minifigures and another for the blocks. I haven't done it yet, but it seems to be the way to go for realistic blocks

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lego+mold

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Snickers 34,

You can make a mold of legos very easily. You can simple press some silicone plastique over the lego blocks you want to use and you will have some great molds that you can use for fondant, chocolate, gumpaste etc.

You can also make a lego mold with CopyFlex - Here is a lick that shows you how to do it from a customer of mine. This is a great method and is really easy.

Go To: http://cornercrafts.blogspot.com/2010/01/lego-mold.html

Hope This Helps,

Dominic icon_smile.gif

marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 1:51am
post #4 of 5

That is a cool one Dom!

donnlara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnlara Posted 15 Apr 2011 , 2:24am
post #5 of 5

I have one that I got several years ago at LegoLand in San Diego, haven't seen it around since. I have seen the silicon molds around online and at Lego Stores though, those might work well depending on your design.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%