Question On Using Filling And Soggy Cupcakes

Baking By Kamstor Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 4:47pm by Kiddiekakes

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding for 150 cupcakes and half of those will need raspberry filling inside with buttercream frosting. If I fill the cupcakes with the filling and frost them Saturday night and store them in plastic clam shells till delivery on Sunday do you think they will get soggy? Also should I keep them in the fridge until ready to deliver which is a two hour drive from where I am at.

Thanks for any feed back

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 4

What is your raspberry filling? Mine is jam. If you don't overdo it, the melding of the two will make them better. My cupcakes are super moist and I don't have a problem. Your timeline is like mine. I do them as close to deadline as I reasonably can.

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for you feed back. Since I have so much to do and the wedding is at 4pm on Mother Days I am using a pre-made raspberry filling from The Bakers Kitchen. I have never used it before. So I hope it works out. I am going to make a tester a head of time to see how they turn out.

Thanks Again

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 4

I think the premade filler will likely make the cupcake inside softer although maybe not soggy.Jam would be better because of the gelatin in it.If you refridgerate them or at least keep them cool they should be fine..It takes more than a day to make the inside soggy unless it is a really thin watery filling...you should be fine!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%