Kenmore, Kitchen Aid, Artisan, Classic, Help

Decorating By SweetCakesbyAmy Updated 9 Apr 2011 , 7:07am by scp1127

SweetCakesbyAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 6

So i'm going this week to get a new mixer and I need advice on what is the best for my budget. I'm confused what the differance is between the differnet Kitchen Aide's as well as is a Kenmore any good (i usually only hear you all talk about KA's on here) This is my first Stand mixer purchase!

I have found:

5 Quart Artisan KA for 269.99
5 Quart Pro 500 KA for 242.99
4.5 Quart Classic Plus KA for 194.88
5 Quart 5 plus Series KA for 319.99

5 Quart Elite Kenmore for 168.74

Im wanting to keep my budget around 200-250 if at all possible. But if there is a significant reason to bump up higher I will.

Any help you can give me I truly appreciate!!!

5 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:33am
post #2 of 6

Are you a hobby baker or do you sell cakes?

SweetCakesbyAmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCakesbyAmy Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 4:54am
post #3 of 6

Ive been a hobby baker for a while and recently started getting clients. I usually do 2-3 cake orders per month now. I have been using a hand mixer but have decided that I am WAY over due for a stand mixer.

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:21am
post #4 of 6

I have the KA Artisan and would recommend it to anyone and everyone, I love it. I do around 5-6 cakes per week and this suits me just fine. Good luck with your decision making.

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 6:21am
post #5 of 6

I am also a hobby baker, and i had a kitchenaide for over 20 years and LOVED it, after doing much research i decided to go with the cuisinart 7 qt. which i just love. But i have a friend who got the cuisinart 5 qt and loves it also. You can get it at bed bath and beyond and they always have 20% coupons.. Good luck with your decision!!!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 7:07am
post #6 of 6

I have three Kitchenaids... older Heavy Duty, Pro 6, and Artisan. In my opinion, I will never get another Artisan. The Pro 6 is a little more money and many times more mixer. When I make IMBC and FBC in the Artisan, it takes forever to come to room temp because the motor puts off heat. You can pack the frozen peas around it or get the Pro 6. The motor stays cool on the Pro 6. The added size and half the whipping time will save you in cleanup (bigger bowl), larger quantities, and time. Go to amazon, put one in your cart and leave it there. Amazon will update you on price cuts and mfr rebates. It will go as low as the artisan in other stores. Just be ready to buy. Note that colors are different prices. People have said that they have had problems with KA, but I haven't. You can look on sites like amazon for reviews on all of the models as well as opinions here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%