Scal/mtc - Fairy Cut? Help Please

Decorating By allaboutcakeuk Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 4:48pm by allaboutcakeuk

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 5

Well I have MTC on my machine and now for some reason it doens't seem to be connecting to my cricut so well - will cut sometimes, other times said my machine not responding etc and soooo sloooow. Long story short I really need to get a new system on my pc to use with my cricut and wondered if anyone would recomend either of these others. I know MTC has been removed now hasn't it. Can I still buy SCAL? Saw Fairy Cut - is it any good and can any of these be updated without fear icon_smile.gif

thanks everyone

4 replies
holwhit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holwhit Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 5

Yep, MTC is no longer available for cricut. SCAL is still available, but PC currently has a lawsuit launched against them so I would assume SCAL will soon be unavailable for cricut.

I'm unfamiliar with how fairy cuts works, but the rate at which PC is throwing out lawsuits I'm sure they'll be next.

Long story short, you should pick a program sooner rather than later and before you update any software or cricut firmware be sure that your program Arlington works with cricut or just don't do it.

It's too bad no one has come up with a patch for MTC, guess the software just isnt "popular" enough

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 5

If you updated MTC or the firmware on your cricut after 3/16/11 it will no longer work. As far as I know SCAL will still work until the lawsuit is final but I would check with them to be sure. Once it's final and you update the software it wont work any more. My guess is Provo Craft will be going after Fairy Cut next. They want everyone to buy their expensive cartridges. I'm still using MTC on my cricut but I'v also purchased a silhouette machince and it works beautifully with MTC and also has a print and cut feature for those with an edible image printer.

holwhit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holwhit Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 5

Oops, that's supposed to be already not Arlington. For being a smart phone, mines kind of dumb sometimes. If I could just get it to stop substituting thongs for things it'd be great. It's kind of awkward when you ask your boss how thongs are... tapedshut.gif

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by holwhit

Oops, that's supposed to be already not Arlington. For being a smart phone, mines kind of dumb sometimes. If I could just get it to stop substituting thongs for things it'd be great. It's kind of awkward when you ask your boss how thongs are... tapedshut.gif

LOL that made me chuckle and I need a chuckle today!

ok so prob best go for SCAL now and hope it stays in tact and don't update. its really unfair in some ways. I understand they want make money with the cricut but even with buying every single one of their cartridges (if i won the lottery of course) there is still so much stuff you cant do. For instance I wanted to do a cake for friend and i didn't have a cutter for it, nothing on cartridge so what you supposed to do, kind of sucks that the usefulness for quickness with the cricut gets wiped out!

thanks for all your replies i think SCAL will be the one - fairy cuts is much more expensive!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%