Now Ready For Your Critiques

Business By brenda549 Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 2:41am by jason_kraft

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 8 Apr 2011 , 5:33pm
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I'm impressed! I'd say it's nearly perfect. If "feedback" also includes spell check, I'd change only a few items...
Homepage: cookies personalized (delete extra space between both words.)
Products: tried and true recipe. (can be: tried-and-true recipe.)
Gallery/Cakes: encased and filled with your favorite filling and icing. (filling and icing can be flopped to agree with the order of encased and filled.)
Prices: great tasting, delicious desserts (should be: great-tasting, delicious desserts.)
Full payment is due at time of order if event is less than 21 days away. (add comma after: order.)
Need to Know: buttercream iced cake (should be: buttercream-iced cake.)
addtional time (should be: additional time.)
Great job!

Thank you so, much! It is exactly what I needed.

Thanks to everyone for all of your input. It is truly appreciated.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 7:31am
post #32 of 37

When I clicked on the pictures on the product page, they were too big for the page.

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 9:00am
post #33 of 37

I saw your website and I think that with a little tweeking, it should be okay. Be consistent with your fonts and picture speed after that, I think it should all work out.

Good luck and Congratulations.

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 9 Apr 2011 , 5:30pm
post #34 of 37

I just wanted to echo what everyone else was saying sbout flash. I can't see your website because i am on an iPad, and it cant see flash. This might become a huge problem for you in the future with more and more people getting Apple products. I wish I could see it tho, sounds great!

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 2:35am
post #35 of 37

I've been doing some research after learning through this thread that because Wix is flash based it does not work on mobile devices. I've looked at may of the html website builders but REALLY don't want to rebuild my site. But, I was just over at wix and was going to contact them about the subject, but I found through their knowledgebase that they will be launching wix mobile templates in early Q2 2011... Wix mobile will be based on Html 5.... I don't know what that is exactly, but they claim it is compatible with smart phones and mobile tablet devices.

http://www.wix.com/support/
(if you type "mobile" into the search box it will bring up the info)

I just wanted to share what I've learned for anyone else who may have concerns about it.

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 1:27am
post #36 of 37

Thanks to everyone that offered up advice and comments! I think I am at a stand-still until my logo is finished. I will then need to do more tweaking depending on how it turns out. I am also weighing my options when it comes to the flash.

As for the fonts, I have checked and rechecked. My fonts are all the same with the exception of the "Brenda Bakes" at the top. I was reading that we don't actually go to websites. Websites actually come to us. Our computers interpret the websites with the resources we have available on our computers. Maybe that is why some people see different fonts.

Once again, many, many thanks for all the feedback on the website. For all you IPad users, I am looking into HTML5. It will support just about everything including flash.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 2:41am
post #37 of 37

The issue with HTML5 is that it may not render correctly on older browsers (including IE6 and IE7, with IE8 seeing partial support) that are still in use by many customers. HTML5 itself has not even been finalized yet, it is still in the draft stage.

I'm not seeing any font issues, all the fonts on your site show up in a standard serif font in Firefox 4. Other browsers may render your pages differently, but that's the tradeoff for using a service like Wix. I did notice that the fonts on your site seem more aliased (fuzzy) than usual, not sure if that's an issue with Firefox 4, Flash, or the Wix implementation of your site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%