Getting Contracts With Wedding Venues

Business By Kima920 Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 6:45pm by indydebi

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 6

Hello,
Does anyone know how to go about getting contracts with wedding venues? Thanks.

5 replies
cupcakelizardsandrockets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelizardsandrockets Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 6

You should take samples of cake flavors and a portfolio of your cakes to bridal shops and wedding venues and see what they think and ask if they could send some business your way small family owned type stores are most understanding about trying to get a business off the ground the answer will either be yes or no i know another baker who gives the boutique she works with a cut of her sales but she is exclusive with them they recommend her to all their clients

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 6

Okay. I was thinking of doing something similar. I didn't know if anyone else had any ideas of what they have done.
Kima

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 1:26am
post #4 of 6

See the August 2010 issue of Cake Central magazine with my article "How to get "in" with wedding vendors". If you do the sample thing, don't cold-call. Vendors who refer their brides to other vendors want to KNOW the other vendors is going to take very good care of "their" bride. That's why they want to build a relationship with you. As one vendor told me, "Shoving a piece of cake in one hand and your biz card in my other hand and asking me to send you my brides just isn't going to cut it." They want to know you and know you well.

Once you have the one-on-one appointment, take copies of your HD license to show you are licensed and inspected, and assure them you can provide a Certificate of Liability insurance from your agent.

But work on building the relationship first.

If you have a weddign network in yoru area, join it. If you don't have one, start one. thumbs_up.gif

cupcakelizardsandrockets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelizardsandrockets Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 6

there isnt a wedding network where i live kind of small area. how would you start a wedding network?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 6

I actually have an article in the pipeline on this, but basically you get a number of wedding vendors together and meet once a month, to share and get to know each other. The main purpose is to build relationships and refer business back and forth to each other.

Here's the website of the one I used to belong to: http://indianapolisweddingprofessionals.com/
There are membership dues to cover the cost of websites, materials, bridal shows, and other misc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%