Cake Decorating Supply Store In Central Al?

Decorating By KMKakes Updated 22 Feb 2012 , 7:34pm by autigger57

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking for a cake decorating supply store near Birmingham, Alabama. Researched online and got Louise Cakes n Things but I was told that they moved and I get no answer on the number listed. Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's don't have what I need. Looking for a place with more options on cake pans. Thanks

8 replies
VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 9

This is probably farther than you want to drive, but there is a Southern Home and Gardens store on 231 in between Montgomery and Wetumpka that has a pretty good cake supply section.

KMKakes Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 9

So true. I love their supplies yet it is pretty far. I would go there when I would go visit some relatives and go to Eastdale Mall. Since you are from that area may I ask: Does the store Sunday Dinner sell cake decorating supplies? I was told to check that place out for possibilities the next time I am down that way.
Thanks VentureSister.

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 4:08pm
post #4 of 9

Louise's Cakes and Things is in Birmingham. She has mostly everything you need! She moved to Hwy 31 near the Galleria. Do you know where the Staples is? She's right by it.

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 9

Sunday Dinner doesn't have much in my opinion,but if you are creative you can make do with other items there.

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 9

I second Cakes 'n Things. Taht is the only place I have found a decent supply. Plus it smells yummy in there.

OT...the deal of the day for living social here was 1 doz cupcakes from there for $5 and $12 to get $25 off a cake. That's more than a 50% savings. I had to get that..lol.

KMKakes Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 2:51am
post #7 of 9

Thanks all.

I do know where the Galleria and Staples is. I will have to ride in that areas to find her store.
@Bell69: are saying that I will probably be purchasing more than cake supplies? icon_smile.gif
@VentureSister: thanks for the Sunday Dinner info.

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 6:41pm
post #8 of 9

Last time I was in there she had some chocolates and cupcakes in a small display case at the front. It's not a very big store but there is a good bit of stuff in there.

Oh...she's not next to Staples. I think you turn at Full Moon and go down that road aways. She's in a small strip mall where a grocery store used to be.

autigger57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
autigger57 Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 7:34pm
post #9 of 9

I know this is way past the date on when this was posted but I thought I would provide an update. Louises is located in the same shopping center as Staples, Aarons, etc right beside 459 on HWY 31. I shop there a lot and will actually be going by there today. When you turn in the shopping center drive straight and you will see her right in the turn next to a beauty school.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%