Royal Icing Help!!!

Decorating By soapy_hopie Updated 2 Apr 2011 , 11:24pm by Marianna46

soapy_hopie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soapy_hopie Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 2

I have been summoned in to give a quick tutorial after the bow was posted yesterday. I'll give you a quick overview at this point (I have a TON of cake orders this weekend, so this is all I have time for right now - sorry...)

I have added a photo of the flowers, and Cindy posted a bow yesterday...

Basically, you mix 2 1/2 parts water and 1 part gelatin (unflavored - like Knox... NOT Jello! Smile ) Warm in microwave, then let sit 5-10 minutes to allow the scum to raise to the top. Peel the scum off (photo below) then gelatin is ready to use (you'll need to rewarm to liquify at this point.)

Brush onto veining or texture sheet and let it sit for 3-5 hours... gelatin will release itself when it's completely dry. Once dry, you can cut w/ regular scissors, scrapbooking scissors, etc... For the bows, cut into strips, then use a small drop of gelatin to attach together. Add a paperclip to hold together 10-15 minutes until set, then they're done. To form the bow, place a quarter size bit of warm gelatin mix on a plate or pc of plastic... add the bows as you would assemble a g/p or fondant bow. Let the first layer set up, then add more warm gelatin in the center and add remaining bow loops.

I have a photo below of one of our texture sheets and showing the bow strips being cut.

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 2 Apr 2011 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 2

I'm sorry, but what does this post have to do with the topic "Royal Icing Help"? Did it get accidentally mislaid? And now that you've piqued my curiosity, where are the "photos below" or the posted photo?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%