Husband Vs Wife Cakeoff

Decorating By cakedad01 Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 7:42pm by leily

cakedad01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedad01 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all,
My son is turning 2 in May, and my wife decided that she wants to have a cake off with me... the theme is Sesame Street... I've looked at a ton of cake ideas and pictures, but I'm hoping someone on here can give me an idea that hasn't been used before.... I should say, that there is no budget for the cake, so everything goes! Wish me luck....

Cakedad01

8 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 9

Something 3D for sure! thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 9

do you have any experience with decorating or carving cakes? Just curious sincei see this is your first post.

And what a FUN idea!!!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 9

What an awesome idea. I wish you luck!!! and yeah, 3D would be great. Make sure to bring it here to 'show and tell' icon_smile.gif

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

do you have any experience with decorating or carving cakes? Just curious sincei see this is your first post.

That doesn't mean anything! My hubby used my account when he was researching how to do his brother's grooms cake (the grill in my pics)- while it was his first cake to do on his own, he had helped me here and there or just spent time in the kitchen with me while I was working on a cake and seemed to have learned a lot through my mistakes.

I could so see us doing something similar! Your cake-off sounds like a lot of fun - good luck to you!

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 9

cakedad01, have your wife ever been on this site before? If not, then you have the upper hand on her for ideas. BTW, I agree with everyone else, 3D for sure. You can also incorporate a little music box that plays the Sesame Street theme song.

Just a thought. icon_biggrin.gif

cakedad01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedad01 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 9

I'll definitely do something 3d... I have some experience baking and designing cakes, I watch cake boss a lot too for ideas.... I also plan on making a video of this cake so everyone can see the process lol... I do like the idea of adding a music box... anything to one-up-her lol... Keep the ideas coming!

cakedad01

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

Quote:

That doesn't mean anything! My hubby used my account when he was researching how to do his brother's grooms cake (the grill in my pics)- while it was his first cake to do on his own, he had helped me here and there or just spent time in the kitchen with me while I was working on a cake and seemed to have learned a lot through my mistakes.

I could so see us doing something similar! Your cake-off sounds like a lot of fun - good luck to you!

i second that! last year my boyfriend decided (after years of watching me do cakes lol) to make me my birthday cake and it came out amazing! i was so impressed, although i did have to help him a teeny tiny bit here and there icon_biggrin.gif

good luck cakedad!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

Quote:

i second that! last year my boyfriend decided (after years of watching me do cakes lol) to make me my birthday cake and it came out amazing! i was so impressed, although i did have to help him a teeny tiny bit here and there icon_biggrin.gif

good luck cakedad!

I didn't mean anything bad by it, but i'd hate to offer an elaborate 3D cake when it's their very first one and a tiered cake with additional elements on it would bea litle easier by it. That's why i asked. I also had quite a few years of cake decorating under my belt before i started coming to this stie and becoming invovled in the forums. I didn't want to assume anything either way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%