Yay!

Decorating By jajay Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 4:24pm by jajay

jajay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jajay Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 5

jus had my first experience of trex (or crisco, its same thing isnt it?)..and i LOVE it!

no more buttercream disasters hurrah! for once my bc didnt curdle, seperate and it held its shape...phew!

i experimented with it and made some cupcakes for my son's school fayre. most of the cakes were reserved by the teachers before they even made it to the sale, fab!

il post a pic of my first cupcake tower.

thank you to all who pointed me in the right direction for making good buttercream! x

4 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:44pm
post #2 of 5

It's great when you find a recipe that does exactly what you want. I've never made buttercream with trex/crisco myself - I'm an all-butter girl - although I do sometimes wish that farmers would genetically engineer cows that produced pure white butter. icon_rolleyes.gif I mean, it can't be all THAT hard in this day and age - can it?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 5

I found out it's what the cow eats that determines the degree of yellow in butter...wonder if there's any totally white food they could eat? ;D

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 31 Mar 2011 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 5

Oh, and BTW it sounds like you were beating your butter to death to have it curdle. I only use real butter in butter cream and have never had that problem! In fact I'm wondering how it would do that? If you start out with soft butter and cream it first then start adding powdered sugar, if it gets too thick you can always thin it with water or milk. Curious.

jajay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jajay Posted 1 Apr 2011 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 5

carmijok... i tried all diff ways.. just so it mixes, mixin for a few mins, more and less icing sugar etc etc. i think it was pretty much due to the butter (or shortening i think its called in US?). i was using a supermarket version of "stork".

x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%