Party Postponed - Need Help With Cake

Decorating By CakesbyMichele Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 12:06am by pattycakes55d

CakesbyMichele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMichele Posted 28 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 5

I had a party cake planned for today that got moved last night to a week later. I had taken the cakes out of the freezer and crumb coated them before I got the call. They were still a bit frozen. I put saran on them, foiled and bagged them and put them in the freezer again. Did I do the right thing? Will the cakes still be good to use next week? If yes, do I just thaw them in the saran like I usually do even though they now have a layer of frosting on them? I hate to have to rebake them. Please help!

4 replies
SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 5

Yes they should be fine. I had a order that the lady had sent a e-mail for one date and then on the phone told me it was later.....so glad I had the e-mail to prove she was the loony one!! I had already baked and put the buttercream on it - luckily not the fondant! I did what you did then took them out and left them wrapped to thaw and had no problems or complaints icon_smile.gif

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 5

I typically tort, fill, & crumb coat before I freeze - you just did an extra step of freezing in-between! As long as you wrapped them well, they'll be fine!

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 12:05am
post #4 of 5

saw this post and thought I'd ask here. Same situation except I put the fondant on already and the cake is sitting in the fridge. thanks.

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 12:06am
post #5 of 5

saw this post and thought I'd ask here. Same situation except I put the fondant on already and the cake is sitting in the fridge. thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%