Navy Birthday Cake

Decorating By SLongest Updated 24 Mar 2011 , 3:39pm by weirkd

SLongest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLongest Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 3

I need some ideas for decorating this cake. The client is a Navy Chief and his wife wants a Navy themed cake but wants it to look like a birthday cake. She want it decorated with gold anchors and red, white, and blue stars. The bottom is round cake and the top is sqaure. I guess I need to know how to incorporate what she wants and make it birthday too!! Any ideas would be much appreciated! I am also trying to figure out how to tie in the colors...gold with red, white and blue, just doesn't sound very appealing to the eyes!

2 replies
Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 3:19pm
post #2 of 3

Did you do a search on this site? I typed in NAVY and did a search and got 34 pages of pictures. Maybe you could get some inspiration from one of those. I know it is hard sometimes when non-decorators try to tell you what they want. I'm sure you don't want anything childish on a cake for someone in his position. Maybe you could suggest something different and see if the wife will be agreeable. HTH some.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 Mar 2011 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 3

I would use some gold roping like the Navy insignia has on it, around the base of the tiers. Also you might want to do the actual insignia.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%