Cel Board

Decorating By sccandwbfan Updated 21 Mar 2011 , 10:32pm by mbeals

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 3

I need to buy a cell board; unfortunately, I'm very unemployed and can't afford one. Can any of you offer advice on how to create somethine that would work like one?

TIA
Chrsity

2 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 3

Do you or a family member or friend have a Dremel tool? I reckon you could create grooves in a regular thick cutting/chopping board with one of those (I'm not an expert, my DH has one but I don't know the specifics about all the attachments!). Just an idea. The grooves don't have to be toooo perfect, just as long as you can sit a wire in them...

mbeals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbeals Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 3

What sort of tools do you have?

It will be very difficult to freehand a straight line using a dremel tool. I would mark the line you want to cut on the board then use a long, fine tooth hacksaw blade and very slowly and carefully make the cut. By making the entire cut at once with a straight blade, you are more likely to get a straight groove. Then I'd put some medium-fine sand paper around something with a longish-sharpish edge and run it along the cut (so you are sanding out a v shape) to smooth and taper the edges a little bit (or as much as you like). Once you have the v notch, some sandpaper around a piece of dowel would give you a half-round profile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%