Any Hints For Making Tiny Eyeglasses For Figure?

Decorating By LisaR64 Updated 30 May 2011 , 4:17am by KalliCakes

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 12:29am
post #1 of 6

I need to make tiny glasses for a figure I'm doing for a cake, and would like to make them out of an edible medium. Any hints or tips?

5 replies
KalliCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalliCakes Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 12:47am
post #2 of 6

Hey there! I did some for a figurine, they are a little too thick (I wouldn't use black fondant), but all I did was use tips to cut out tiny circles within circles, attached those to the figurine, added a bridge of small fondant and then added the frames in pieces around each ear, meeting the lenses. It's the piano/stage cake in my photos. Not the best, I would love to hear others' ideas on how to do it!

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 1:03am
post #3 of 6

I would roll a thin rope of fondant or whatever medium you are using then drape one end of the fondant over to make a little circle on one end then do the same to the other side, (it should look like a 8 laying on its side then the leftover tails become the arms of the glasses.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

I have done it basically the way Babs1964 suggested. I have also made a pair of sunglasses by rolling a piece of thin white fondant and carefully trimming it to the shape of glasses and then putting two small pieces of black fondant for the lenses. After attaching that to the face of the figure I made little ear pieces and carefully attached.

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 20 Mar 2011 , 1:43am
post #5 of 6

That KalliCakes, that sounds like a great idea. I was thinking I had to make them all in one piece, but I love your idea of making the individual elements and then putting them together on the figure. Thank you for your help.

p.s. Your cakes are really beautiful. I especially love the Mickey Mouse and Periwinkle Passion cakes.

KalliCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalliCakes Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:17am
post #6 of 6

Lisa R - Thanks so much, very happy to help! How did your glasses turn out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%