Do You Wear An Apron?

Decorating By sweetlybaked Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 1:20am by tokazodo

suepers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suepers Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:39pm
post #31 of 36

I have an apron that I wear sometimes. I don't always remember to put it on, and right about the time I'm covered in powdered sugar, I think "Doh!" LOL It's pink, and says, "My favorite kitchen tool" and has a picture of a cork screw! icon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 12:34am
post #32 of 36

I need to make a couple that are more like smocks than aprons. The loop around the neck makes my neck hurt. I have two regular aprons at the moment but I'm trying to switch to an old shirt instead thanks to the neck problem.

pounds6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pounds6 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 12:47am
post #33 of 36

I bought several aprons from a local restaurant supply store here in town. They seem to be heavy duty cotton. I had local embroidery shop put my logo on them. I wear them a lot when Im baking and decorating because I'd end up with powdered sugar, butter, food coloring etc all over my clothes if I didnt! No matter how neat I try to be there is always a mess! lol

SweetTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTs Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 1:01am
post #34 of 36

Messy baker here! One of the first things I purchased was an apron, I love some of the cute retro ones out there but I don't think I could ever wear it baking knowing I would stain it up the first time I wore it! Instead I have three white heavy duty cotton ones.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 1:10am
post #35 of 36

I wear an apron all the time and I have several..My favorite though is a dark chocolate brown one that says "Oh fudge" on the front!!!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 1:20am
post #36 of 36

An apron? Yes! A plain white cotton apron. I've ruined good clothing with grease stains from the buttercream icing and food coloring!
Plain white so it can be bleached!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%