Using Real Roses

Decorating By walterak Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 4:08pm by Marianna46

walterak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
walterak Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 2

In my pics, there is a white cake with roses between each tier. How do I do this with REAL roses? I have a friend who I have been trying to get to use fake because it is what I am comfortable with, but they are now talking about using real because they can get them cheaper. I am just VERY nervouse.

How much space should I leave between tiers?

With the fake I had to stick into the cake to get them to stay...how do I avoid this?

How long with the flowers last? I want them to look good for the reception, which is the same location as the wedding so the cake needs to be set up before the wedding...and it is outdoors.

We just one one layer of roses between each tier.

If you can think of any other advice for me with REAL roses...I would REALLY appreciate it!

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 2

Number one: make sure the roses have never been exposed to herbicides or pesticides! Number two: don't worry about sticking them into the cake, because you can get little plastic caps to put on the stems (some of the even allow you to put a little water in them to keep the flowers fresh) that are food safe. If the roses are coming from a florist, they should be able to get you those. Number three: as for how much space to leave, you'd need to know what size the roses are first. Number four: enjoy this - it's gonna be a beautiful cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%