Do You Have Your Cake...and Not Eat It Too?!

Lounge By sugardugar Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 4:35am by funtodecorate2

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 4:47am
post #31 of 39

The more you have of something the less you want it.

For me we always have sweets in the house from cookies, chocolates and candy (all thanks to my mother-in-law). But we never eat it, it always ends up being given away to others.

But on the other hand when there is potato chips in the house it never last for more than 2 days.

I think it's because you know you can have it whenever you want, so you don't want it as much. And if you're constantly around it you kinda get sick of it.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:26am
post #32 of 39

I'll pass on the cake. I like cookies much better, but I'd rather have some kind of food loaded with cheese.

mama_amy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_amy Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:59am
post #33 of 39

I used to work in a bakery and the guy that owned it made the best donuts. I used to get asked all the time how I could work there and be skinny. It isn't hard to skip a donut when you are around them all the time and the same is true for cake.

amanduhleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amanduhleigh Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:03am
post #34 of 39

I really have to be in a mood for cake - but I'll usually skip out on the icing whenever I do eat a piece! One thing I don't think I'll ever get tired of is the sugary smell of cakes baking.

de_montsoreau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de_montsoreau Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:24pm
post #35 of 39

To be the odd one out - I LOVE cake. In fact, I just had some of the carrot-cake cut offs from the weekend with some whipped cream. Yum. I eat cake for breakfast and I can eat it again in the afternoon. And even then I would not skip dessert at lunch or dinner. Massive sweet tooth here.

Luckily I work hard and manage to keep my size 12 somehow icon_smile.gif

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:01pm
post #36 of 39

I made a strawberry cake for me, so I could practice smoothing of the buttercream. Quiet honestly, it will be the last one I eat, and will be frozen. I'm going to do a round of hcg, and cake doesn't work for that. I don't like chocolate. But the strawberry cake is good.

KarlaGJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarlaGJ Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:11am
post #37 of 39

I don't like cake either -- chips and salsa are my weakness.

badunkajen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badunkajen Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:21am
post #38 of 39

Im with luddroth... I "taste" and exercise 3 days a week. I am also a part time pinup model so although im "allowed" curves i like to stay fit and have my cake to Ha!

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 4:35am
post #39 of 39

I often wondered if you all like to eat any of the cakes or scraps you make.
I just do this as a hobby. 3 months ago I had some surgery. No exercise period ! I've lost 115lbs over the course of a few years. So while resting I decided to practice for my daughters wedding in Aug. I love cake, frosting, pretty much all sweets. I often wondered If I did this for a living or at least more than I do If I would get tired of it. I don't think I would. Sweets are always a struggle for me. taste and spit are you kidding me? lol
Needless to say I've gained some weight back and need to get back on my program. icon_cry.gif I sure wish I was like some of you icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%