Help To Get Edible Glitter To Stick And Stay.

Decorating By SweetsbyLadawn Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 3:56am by CakeInfatuation

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 6

Thank you in advance...I've made and dried little baby shoes made from gumpaste...and want to glam them with edible glitter. What do i put on the shoes to get the glitter to stick and stay?

5 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 6

I like to mix edible luster dust with vodka and paint it on.. the vodka dries faster than water.

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 6

If you want actual glitter vs luster dust: brush with piping gel and it will stick to it just fine without harming!

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:09am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardugar

If you want actual glitter vs luster dust: brush with piping gel and it will stick to it just fine without harming!

- Ditto!

You can also thin out the piping gel with a tiny bit of vodka or water if you want to brush it on thinly. The piping gel helps give the glitter some substance to stick to and stay put.

Spazmo76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spazmo76 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:26am
post #5 of 6

I agree re the piping gel. I made some fondant cherries the other day and wanted to put some red glitter on them to "bling" them up - I just got a paint brush and brushed the piping gel on and sprinkled the glitter on to the cherries. Easy!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:56am
post #6 of 6

I lightly steam the pieces sometimes to make them tacky. Then I sprinkle it on. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%