Kitchen Remtal Quote Please

Business By tame Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 12:05am by tame

tame Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tame Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 8

I am n the process of talking with a church about kitchen rental . I am only requesting 8 hours a month, I am in Tennessee. How much should I offer?

7 replies
tame Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 8

Come on guys , they are waiting on a offer .

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 8

I have always found that you need to get from the landlord what they want...they should know what their total electric bill is and if they only have groups in the building twice a week, that should give you what they are paying. I would then tell them that you would pay them what it costs them when they are not in the building plus the hours you want to use it (you can get that information from the utility company based upon daily usage...or go to the meter yourself on an off day and see how much is being used). Based upon that info (plus their liability insurance prorated) would mean what you would be willing to pay them, plus a little extra on top...

Hope that helps...remember that each building has different usage, so it is difficult for someone to tell you that they pay $100/ day for rental in NYC compared to $30/day in TN.

tame Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 8

They told me to suggest a offer and they will try to work with me on it . It's a big church , I am not during a lot of cakes, I am really only during cakes on the weekends . I just don't know what to offer. They will then tell me what other fees I need to pay.

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 8

What part of Tennessee are you in? There's gonna be a difference in the different areas. Rent is more expensive say in Nashville than it would be in a smaller more rural area.

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 8

I pay $12/hr. with a 10/hr. per month minimum (so I have to pay whether I use it or not). The minimum was my idea so they knew I wasn't just going to store my stuff there and use their kitchen to get licensed while I really baked from home.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tame

They told me to suggest a offer and they will try to work with me on it . It's a big church , I am not during a lot of cakes, I am really only during cakes on the weekends . I just don't know what to offer. They will then tell me what other fees I need to pay.

You should probably find out what the other fees are before you make an offer. $15-20/hour is a typical rate, but you can start by offering $10/hour (or lower depending on the other fees).

tame Posted 16 Mar 2011 , 12:05am
post #8 of 8

Thanks ladiesj

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%