Duff`s Chocolate Ganache

Baking By mommynana Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 8:02pm by CakeARTbyBeth

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 10

Has anyone tried the store bough. Is it worth buying???

9 replies
CakeMadam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMadam Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 10

I didn't know Duff made his own ganache too...dang! I wouldn't waste the money! It's probably overpriced like all his other stuff. Ganache is SUPER simple to make!

9 ounces chopped chocolate of choice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbs light corn syrup

Bring your whipping cream to a simmer, then remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir until melted then add the corn syrup! I pour mine into an air tight container (tupperware) and let it set up in the fridge if I'm using it as a filling or frosting!

mommynana Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks CakeMadam, I just happen to see it at Micheals, I think it was like 19.99 for a big tub. But I don`t remember how much was in their.

CakeMadam Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 10

Sure thing! I got this recipe from the Cake Boss book that came out last year! I use it all the time! SUPER yummy! icon_wink.gif

CakeARTbyBeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeARTbyBeth Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 10

I haven't tried his ganache (I, too, make my own), but use his fondant exclusively. I get raves on the taste, even from people that say they hate fondant. It is pricey, but I usually grab a tub with the weekly coupon to keep stocked up. It is definitely worth the extra dollars in my opinion. icon_biggrin.gif

mommynana Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 10

CakeArtByBeth, I too used his fondant, and got the same from people, so when i don`t have time, I`ll buy it.

CakeMadam Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 4:46pm
post #7 of 10

I could never find a tub bigger than 2lbs of Duff's fondant where I live. Can you buy it in bigger sizes?

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMadam

I could never find a tub bigger than 2lbs of Duff's fondant where I live. Can you buy it in bigger sizes?

Yes, it's Fondarific, repackaged with his name on it. I buy from a nearby cake shop and in a pinch, buy from Michaels with a coupon. The price with the coupon is comparable, if not a little better than I pay at the cake shop. I try to buy when the shop has them on sale, but it doesn't always work out.

You can also order it online for even less, but watch those shipping charges! They add up quick!

CakeMadam Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 10

Really? I've used fondarific before! The flavors are fabulous! I currently order my fondant online. I use a TON of fondant so I have to buy LOTS!!! Good to know that's what's behind the Duff label! Thanks for sharing! icon_wink.gif

And yes shipping charges are outrageous! But! The only fondant they sell at my local cake supply shop is Satin Ice and I HATE that fondant. It's $30 for 5 lbs!

I calculated my savings when I started ordering 100 lbs at a time. It just 10 buckets, but I save over $200 ordering from an online supplier. And that's after shipping has been calculated!

CakeARTbyBeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeARTbyBeth Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 8:02pm
post #10 of 10

Wonderful information! Thanks for letting us know Duff's is really Fondarific! I have been wanting to get larger quantities since I go through so much fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%