Help Picking A Saying...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 5:00pm by cabecakes

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 12

I'm redoing my bathroom using this shower curtain...

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=114128&
(If the link doesn't work, it is the Dress to Thrill at Bed Bath and Beyond.)

I do live alone, so I get to go as girly in the bathroom as I want to. icon_biggrin.gif

When searching for something for the wall I came across this...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49020403/if-you-follow-all-the-rules-you-miss-all

...And thought it would be a cute idea. Since I work at Michaels I can pick up the things to make it, and make it match the colors better, so I decided I would get crafty. I went looking online for some girly-ish sayings and these are what I found. So tell me, which stands out best to you? A girl's true beauty is the reflection of her inner happiness.

Boys are like purses: Cute, full of crap and can always be replaced.

Imperfection is individuality.

Confidence is what makes a girl sexy.

Confidence; wear it like make-up.

I am who I am and your approval isnt needed.

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.

I may not be perfect, but I am always me.

"Color outside the lines, life is more interesting that way"

Looking for a perfect girl? Go buy yourself a Barbie doll.

Never give up on something that makes you smile!

11 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 12

Which one do you feel suits you the best?

I think this one, "A girl's true beauty is the reflection of her inner happiness." It's the only one that I really like.

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 5:25am
post #3 of 12

I like this one "Confidence is what makes a girl sexy. It's true! and I Love the shower curtain.

TexasSugar Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 12

Unlimited, I like them all. They are the ones that jumped out at me when I was looking around for them. I think of them these are the ones that I love...

I am who I am and your approval isnt needed.

Confidence is what makes a girl sexy.

A girl's true beauty is the reflection of her inner happiness. (I'm afraid this one will be too long for the frame I bought last night though. icon_sad.gif)

I may not be perfect, but I am always me.

Never give up on something that makes you smile!

MommaLlama, the shower curtain is even better in person. It does have the feather boas, there are some pearls along the top, and there is some bling bling on it. I also got the toothbrush holder and the soap dish. icon_wink.gif

Since I was at Michaels last night I picked up some supplies. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get crafty working on my bathroom 'artwork'.

Unlimited Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 12

TexasSugar: I don't know you, but you seem like a sweet person (just like your name states)! I'd choose something that isn't negative or snarky, but rather humble or sweet (like one your mother would agree with)!

As for the one that you think will be too longyou could change it up to fit. This would be fewer words than the sample photo, so it might fit... "True beauty is the reflection of inner happiness."

I like it because it's generic enough (for all who may use your bathroom in the future), and because of the "play" on the word reflection (since mirrors are in bathrooms)!

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 12

Unlimited-I really like that one! Good thinkin

TexasSugar Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 12

Unlimited, yeah I know there were a few snarky ones, but I think that is because at this point in my life I am to the point where I am ready to live for me, and not base everything off of what everyone one else would want me to do.

I did really like the happiness one, and I was trying to figure out a way to reduce the wording on it.

We may have a winner! Thank you!

Unlimited Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

at this point in my life I am to the point where I am ready to live for me, and not base everything off of what everyone one else would want me to do.

Exactly! (which is why I asked what you feel best suits you.)

Go for it! Have the confidence to choose what you know you likewhat best reflects you.

TexasSugar Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:23pm
post #9 of 12

As far as the quotes, they are like paint colors, I have the hardest time picking one thing. I'm doing much better though. I've picked three paint colors for rooms, when people thought I was a bit crazy for some of them.

When I look over those quotes I see two different themes. The snark I am who I am, deal with it and the reminder that we control our lives and happiness. They all fit some part of my life or say something I know I need to keep in mind.

I want the quote on my wall to remind myself that my life is mine, my happiness is mine, and that I should own it. But with a softness to it.

I do think that "True beauty is the reflection of inner happiness," says it all.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 12:09am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I do think that "True beauty is the reflection of inner happiness," says it all.

Love it! What a great room you will have! icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 12

I'm going with the true beauty one. icon_smile.gif

I pulled out the letter stickers last night to see if one package was enough and if the letters would be big enough. Tonight I'm going to work on fixing up the frame.

I also worked on another bathroom art project last night. I just need to make a trip to Michaels for some bling bling to go on it. HeHe.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 5:00pm
post #12 of 12

My favorite quote comes from Fievel Goes West. LOL. The quote is, "Always remember that the real beauty is what's under the mask." I think that says it all. I think sometimes we get so tied up in the perception of outer beauty we forget that it is the inner beauty that matters the most.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%