Need Ideas. Help!

Decorating By tsal Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 11:25pm by sully112099

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a cake for my friend's 40th bday this Saturday. Her brother told me to incorporate cats, music, and travel into the cake.

I'm making a 2-tier (6" and 8" round) cake for 40 people.

Help! I'm at a total loss as to how to incorporate these themes.

6 replies
Cake_Karen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Karen Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 7

Do you have to have round cakes? cause one idea for the travel could be to make the cakes into suitcases.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 7

I would make a cat holding a piece of luggage like he was standing at a bus stop or something like that, and holding an instrument or something.

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 7

To me these are really broad catagories..Since he was not specific on type of music etc...The first thing that popped into my head was a cat figure standing up with headphones on carring a suitcase with London stickers on it...I know humerous, but none the less...have suitcasees going around the sides and music notes here and there.. just a instant thought..

yates77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yates77 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 7

How set are you on doing a 6" and 8" round. If you are open to anything you could do a 9"x13" cake made into a suitcase, with a RKT cat sitting on top with maybe a fondant sheet of music also draped on the cake. If you want to do the tiered cake maybe you can do a little cat on top sitting on some music sheets and music notes on the side of the cake like they are floating off the papers and the bottom tier can display maybe a passport, travel tickets and other travel items.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:39am
post #6 of 7

I chose round cakes because I do them most often and they are really easy for me. I have that dreaded Wilton cake leveler which makes torting rectangular cakes a nightmare.

I am rethinking this though because the suitcase idea is really cute!

sully112099 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sully112099 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 7

What did you end up making a rectangle cake with a grave stone on it.

You are only over the Hill if you think and feel like you are say,
That is why this is a cake saying Happy Birthday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%