Need Help Asap!!!!

Baking By tab26852 Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 7:05am by punita123

tab26852 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tab26852 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:35am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have a good recipe for a sugar free cake I was ask to do a wedding cake for a diabetic and they want one layer sugar free. TIA

2 replies
Mrs262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs262 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 2:45am
post #2 of 3

Try using Ideal Sweetener in place of sugar and powdered sugar icon_smile.gif It replaces cup for cup and it bakes almost exactly like sugar. The texture is a little different, but for diabetics or people watching their sugar intake (like me lol) they are accustomed to sf products already. I'm the head baker at our shop and we were given samples at a bakery show and we loved it! I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing and they sold immediately!

punita123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punita123 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 7:05am
post #3 of 3

"This recipe has no added sugar so it is great for Diabetics. It is a favorite in our house. I first tried this recipe as a regular dessert and later tried it without sugar and found it to be just as good."

Ingredients

* 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 (.6 ounce) package sugar free lemon flavored gelatin
* 1 cup boiling water
* 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup frozen light whipped topping, thawed

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and cinnamon. Mix well and press into the bottom of a 9 inch square pan. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. Dissolve lemon gelatin in boiling water. Let cool until thickened, but not set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Blend in lemon gelatin. Fold in whipped topping.
3. Pour filling into crust. Sprinkle top with graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate over night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%