Question For Pa Bakers

Business By Chrisl121070 Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 1:55pm by yums

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 3:38pm
post #31 of 38

I have the same turtle question!! My dining room and kitchen are not separated by any doorway. I have a 150 gallon aquarium with a 10 year old 10 inch long turtle in it. My dogs passed away earlier this year so I am looking into starting a home business now.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:31pm
post #32 of 38

I can't imagine they would allow the turtles. It says they must be restricted from the area. You should really just call, they are very nice and can answer all your questions. For Erie the # is 814-332-6890.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:17pm
post #33 of 38

I can't imagine he'd care about the turtle if he never comes out and is never in the kitchen. They allow outdoor dogs (like hunting dogs) that never come in the house, so I would think that something contained in an aquarium would be the same, but yes, they're very nice, just ask.

yums Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:23pm
post #34 of 38

But they are saying the turtle is in the kitchen. Thats I only problem i see, move it to room where they would see it and there wouldn't be a problem.

TinaLovesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinaLovesCake Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 10:56pm
post #35 of 38

I'm in York County, PA and have been making cakes & such for family, friends and hubby's coworkers. I want to venture into LEGALLY selling these things from home, so I never ever have any issues legally-arrise. I don't know where to start or what all needs to be done. I am at a complete loss. All I know is I want to keep it in my home kitchen, I have no pets, but I do have 3 children. My husband is in the military- so we tried seeking help through them, and they have no idea where to send us for any information. I wish there was a website that spells it out in A B C order for you. LOL

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 Aug 2011 , 11:39pm
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLovesCake

I'm in York County, PA and have been making cakes & such for family, friends and hubby's coworkers. I want to venture into LEGALLY selling these things from home, so I never ever have any issues legally-arrise. I don't know where to start or what all needs to be done. I am at a complete loss. All I know is I want to keep it in my home kitchen, I have no pets, but I do have 3 children. My husband is in the military- so we tried seeking help through them, and they have no idea where to send us for any information. I wish there was a website that spells it out in A B C order for you. LOL

http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_24476_10297_0_43/http%3B/10.41.0.36/AgWebsite/ProgramDetail.aspx?name=Wholesale-Food-Processing-Manufacturing-and-Distribution&navid=12&parentnavid=0&palid=57&

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 10:02pm
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaLovesCake

Tina,
Here are a couple links for PA:
Home Food processing:
http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_24476_10297_0_43/AgWebsite/ProgramDetail.aspx?name=Home-Food-Processing&navid=12&parentnavid=0&palid=134&

Information and online form for business setup
http://www.paopen4business.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/pa_open_for_business/7176

I hope they help
DAH

yums Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 1:55pm
post #38 of 38

So, after waiting for weeks for a response, I finally got my answer. I spoke to my inspector again and he said they are not sure who changed the forms to say about having the animals restricted from the kitchen but that is incorrect. The form has been changed back to no animals in the home at any time. I am bummed out but glad I finally have an answer. Also a little disappointed the program director never responded to my emails.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%