Shipping Cupcakes???

Baking By caleyb Updated 30 Mar 2011 , 1:29pm by lola52

caleyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caleyb Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 7

I am in NY and have a friend who doesn't think I can ship her decorated cupcakes in CA....How would I package them to ship????

6 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:31am
post #2 of 7

I have heard that poking a lollipop stick down the middle, and putting in a little individual box is the way to go. The lollipop stick stops it from moving around as it touches the ceiling of the box.

Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 4:39am
post #3 of 7

I ordered cupcakes once to see how they were shipped and they like triple boxed them with tons of padding and a styro cooler and then stuck lollipop sticks in them. but when i tried it with the lollipop sticks it didn't work lol at least they still enjoyed their messy cupcakes

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:26am
post #4 of 7

I've been hoping to try shipping cupcakes to some friends around the country as well, any advice would be welcomed!

traciebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traciebee Posted 29 Mar 2011 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 7

I've had been wondering the same thing so I did a bit of checking.

The few places I've checked with usually ship their cupcakes plain with the icing in packets on the side.

I also read somewhere that you can freeze the cupcakes (with icing) and then ship them, with a cold pack, as soon as possible after taking them out. I haven't tried this myself yet, so I have no idea if it works but I'm thinking of sending a friend of mine in California some cupcakes for her birthday, so I will let you guys know what happens if I do.

maddy9603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maddy9603 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 12:52am
post #6 of 7

I saw someone ship them in a dixie cup with a lid before. Let me see if i can find the link.

lola52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lola52 Posted 30 Mar 2011 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 7

I just recently shipped cupcakes to florida and i used the 13x9 aluminum pans. I put all of the cupcakes in one pan and stuffed the cracks with waxed paper and then taped the other one on top, padded it with multiple layeres of saran wrap and stuck them in the box. They had flower decerations and were fine after the express shipping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%