Cake Decorating Supplies In Australia-Help

Decorating By BakedCT Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 5:46pm by Coral3

BakedCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedCT Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 11:31am
post #1 of 4

Hi

Is there a place in Melbourne Australia where they sell Cake decorating supplies at good prices? I will be going to Melbourne soon and just thought I would make most of my trip.

Looking for things like cake stands, cutters, airbrushing supplies etc.

i would appreciate any help

thanks

3 replies
melave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melave Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 4

just off the top of my head the only i know is cake deco

http://www.cakedeco.com.au/search.asp

i am in wa so sorry can't be much more help icon_smile.gif i buy most of my stuff online

i'm sure others will come on and let you know of more shops icon_smile.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 4

Cake Deco has a pretty big range. They have a store in Port Phillip Arcade (just near Flinders St Station). I wouldn't say their prices are cheap though. If you go there allow plenty of browsing time...their shop is a complete SHAMBLES, it's WAY too small for the amount of stock they have in there...stock is just crammed into every available space in an only vaguely ordered fashion, cake tins are piled up on the floor between the poky isles - and it's always busy (although granted they usually will ask if you need help) - so it can take time to find exactly what you want..

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 5:46pm
post #4 of 4

My Cake Delights is another one, but I would say only if you are in the area anyway. Their shop is very sparsely stocked, although they do have a good range of cutters - including brands like Stephen Benison, which can be hard to get here, their prices on a lot of those were very reasonable.

But not really worth going out of your way...

http://www.mycakedelights.com.au/index.php?link=products

My Cake Delights
219 High St, Preston, Victoria 3072
Tel: 03 9484 4040
[email protected]

Open 6 days
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm

I wouldn't recommend their mail order service either...I tried for quite a while to order some cutters from him and kept getting the run around. Their online shop has been 'coming soon' for at least a year now... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%