Mm Fondant Question

Lounge By brandy1976 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 12:41am by brandy1976

brandy1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandy1976 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:09am
post #1 of 9

I just made mm fondant for the first time and I think it worked! The instructions on one website said not to refrigerate your cake after covering it in the mm fondant. Has anyone put their cake in the fridge after using mm fondant? I am using homemade frosting with milk in it so I'd have to put it in the fridge.

Thanks!

8 replies
jamielu23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielu23 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:26am
post #2 of 9

I have always put it in the fridge. Have never had any problems.

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:28am
post #3 of 9

i put mine in the fridge. all the time, i have one in there now, most people say put them in a box first but i have a fridge, in my garage and don`t have much in there other then cakes and i never had any problems with them HTH

brandy1976 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:27am
post #4 of 9

Thanks! I read that when you take the cake out of the fridge moisture will condense and ruin the surface of the fondant. But if you both have done it with out problems I won't stress about refrigerating my cake.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:45am
post #5 of 9

got one there now, it will be fine.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 3:03am
post #6 of 9

I do it all the time. I think the condensation issue may depend on the climate but even if it happens, just DONT touch it and let it dry and it will be exactly as it was!

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 3:12am
post #7 of 9

Hi....I pretty much asked the same question tonight & this is what I received: emiyeric wrote: "if you plan on refrigerating, put your cake in a box or cover with plastic so that condensation falls onto the wrapper instead of the fondant. When you bring it to room temperature, do so still in the wrapper so that the condensation does not dissolve your fondant. HTH! "

ktelitecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktelitecakes Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 3:27am
post #8 of 9

I just made my first batch of mmf and the texture is great and the price sure beats fondant. My question is can I use it in every way that you would use fondant? Are there any limitations?

brandy1976 Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 12:41am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktelitecakes

I just made my first batch of mmf and the texture is great and the price sure beats fondant. My question is can I use it in every way that you would use fondant? Are there any limitations?

I refrigerated my cake and had no problems with condensation. My house was on the cool side though, so that might have helped?!?? not sure.

I used just like I've used store bought fondant in the past. I also made some chocolate using cocoa and melted choc. chips, but that did change the texture, made it much softer and a little goey but I managed to work with it anyway. I did find it a tad hard to roll out though and the pink faded, but that might have been the brand I used, I tried a new one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%