Doctored Choc Cake Mix Anyone?

Baking By damchick Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 1:35am by lutie

damchick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
damchick Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 3

Ok hey there cc friends! so I was thinking, I like to use heavy cream instead of water when i doctor my cake mix, and Im about to do some choc cupcakes this weekend.
Can I use fresh choc ganche instead as my liquid and will it rise properly? Anyone tried such a thing? Im hoping to hit chocoholic heaven here. Or if you have a better choc dreamy cupcake recipe, please share. Im all about the choc goodness.

Oh and how about milk choc vs semi sweet choc for your ganache in cupcakes, i tend more towards milk choc candy wise, but have never tried it in a cake recipe.

Would you think choc ganache whipped would be better on top of the cupcake or a standard choc bc? Thanks everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 12:25am
post #2 of 3

I doctor chocolate mixes all the time. One thing I ALWAYS do for my mix is #1 buy Devil's Food. Also, I always use 1 cup of mayonnaise for each mix. I add that to 4 eggs, 1 stick butter, and 1 cup milk. It makes the most awesomely moist cake!!!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:35am
post #3 of 3

I always use coffee for my liquid...it brings out the chocolate flavor and you cannot taste the coffee...another layer of flavor...I also add almond flavoring...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%