Tiki Hut Cookies?

Decorating By tinaclarke Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 8:21pm by tinaclarke

tinaclarke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinaclarke Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 8

Hi! I am attempting to make a tiki hut for the top of my island cake. I am using Pepperidge Farm Creme Filled Pirouette cookies for the outside of the hut. They are the long thin cookies, with the chocolate filling. They look a lot like bamboo so I thought it would be great for the hut. Peoblem is I can't get them to stick together. I tried canned icing (didn't want to make a whole batch of buttercream just for this), I let them set overnight wrapped around a round tall measuring cup to hold the shape, but when I took them off it just fell apart. The icing got hard, but didn't hold. I want to use something edible, but don't know what to try next. Any ideas??
Thanks so much!

7 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 8

Melted chocolate.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Melted chocolate.

Agreed - I used the small chocolate discs to adhereing most of my accent pieces.

tinaclarke Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 8

THANKS You guys! I just went out and grabbed another pack of cookies adn will try with melted chocolate. Thank you SO much!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 8

Post pics too. I tiki hut out of cookies has me curious. That and he fact I like anything tropical.

tinaclarke Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you so much! It worked great! Tiki hut is all dry and ready to go on the cake. I will post photos as soon as I get it together!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 8

Did you post the pix yet?

tinaclarke Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 8

The cake came out great! I was so happy with it! Thanks for all the help ladies! I really appreciate it!
Now don't laugh...this is my first cake with fondant decorations.
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%