Hot Pink Fondant

Decorating By MissMelanie080 Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 11:26am by andlydle

MissMelanie080 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissMelanie080 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 8:52am
post #1 of 3

Hi there

I have a question about coloring fondant in a deep color. I need to color it hit pink and another in raspberry. Whenever I try to do it, it's never dark enough and is pasty. Any advice on how to achieve it? What coloring do I use, powder, gel, paste. It's not available pre done anywhere I know of here in Australia except in black green and red.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

2 replies
rntyler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rntyler Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:57am
post #2 of 3

Im not sure if this will work for pink but it works great for true red and black so it is worth a try. Make your mmf melt about 1/4 a bag of candy melts closet to the color you are trying achieve need them into your mmf it.will take awhile then add your coloring as you normally would.you may need to add a little water as you need your color.in hope this helps. Let me know if it works for pink

andlydle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andlydle Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 11:26am
post #3 of 3

I find it easiest to get a desired color by making MMF and then putting the gel coloring in when it is still more of a liquid state (before adding any powdered sugar).

I have colored pre-made fondant hot pink by using gel colors, but I only needed a small amount- i lose patient kneading it to the right color

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%