Call For A Cake Order.....but Seriously!!!!!!!!

Decorating By nicksmom Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 6:36am by Sorelle

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:26am
post #1 of 9

This call I got tonight was a bride who is having a small wedding, wanted a two tier cake black,white and cranberry. With any design as long as it is very PRETTY. said she thought of making her own but she has other things to do and that she is a perfectionist,said if the cake didn't come out perfect she would cry.(understandable,but obviousley I have to make a perfect cake)SO she says shes on a tight budget for the wedding....how much will this be? I said I'll do it for $120 (a 10" round and 6" round).so she says wow thats really expensive I have to talk it over with my mom and fiance! SO then I told her $100 final and she still said it was to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But asked me to text her more pics of my photos as soon as I could and how late could she call me back tonite! originally when she called she loved the two cakes of mine she'd already seen on line via facebook,but was looking for ideas. well needless to say she hasn't called me back at all icon_confused.gif seriously good luck in finding a cake with two tiers for less than 100$
it is what it is better luck next call!

8 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 8:03am
post #2 of 9

a two tier cake for $100 I don't think I would have have been able to stop myself laughing out loud.

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:10am
post #3 of 9

oh DO laugh because the $100 was even to much for her! ummmmmm...then make A cupcake lady icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:17am
post #4 of 9

Aren't HO HOs black and white??? icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:18am
post #5 of 9

u might be lucky she did`t call back let her drive someone else crazy for that money

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:22am
post #6 of 9

If it makes you feel better I had someone call after seeing & tasting one of my cakes at a friends party. I know of this mom and knew some of the crazy circumstances she has been dealing with during her unexpected pregnancy. She was hoping that her parents would spring for a tiered cake for her baby shower. I was uber generous and said I could do a 12 & 8 tiered, fondant, etc for $80.

I never did end up making that cake. icon_rolleyes.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:40am
post #7 of 9

Ooooh never let them talk you down! Your price is your price!

Good luck!

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:06am
post #8 of 9

*like button* ^^^

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:36am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Aren't HO HOs black and white??? icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

lollolololol !! Yes they sure are, tie each one with a little cranberry colored ribbon!
Thanks for the giggle icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%