Right Cake On The Wrong Day?

Decorating By tokazodo Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 11:49pm by FromScratchSF

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 6

I'm just curious if anyone else has ever done this. I had a request for a sheet cake to feed 100 people. I mistakenly read the dates of March 25, for February 25th.
I delivered the cake this morning only to find out my dates were off. No worries, I took the cake to work with me and fed it to 100 happy middle school students. Has anyone else ever done this or am I the only Dumb @ss on the planet?

5 replies
NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 6

I have never done it...but I have to say Kudo's to you for admitting it and for turning around and taking it to the kids. At least all your hard work was appreciated!! And just think of this cake as the "practice" cake, the next one will be better!!
I have to say though, I had something embarrasing happen yesterday. I was baking cakes, and I overfilled my pan and had batter EVERYWHERE!! In the oven, on the rack, sides of the pan...everywhere!! I couldn't beleive I had done that....guess I just wasn't paying any attention to what I was doing!! I seriously felt like a dummy!! Like I had never baked a cake before. My DH was just laughing his fool head off. Ah well, everybody has an off day. thumbs_up.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 6

I once made a cake that was covered in fresh fruit a day ahead of time! Only figured it out once the cake was done and fortunately it kept unitl the next day OK. Look at it this way, you co-workers now know what a great baker you are icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 6

I think I would much rather it happen this way, than the opposite way. icon_smile.gif

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 6

I've never done that, but I delivered a cake to the wrong location once. Right name of place, wrong city. THAT was stressful!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 6

Totally did something similar, I was competing in a local cupcake competition, baked up 2 dozen mini fresh ginger spice cupcakes with bavarian cream filling, vanilla bean SMBC and homemade butterscotch. All organic, all gourmet. Got in a cab, paid the $10 to get there, I walked into the place and there was nobody there. Realized the competition was the following week. icon_cry.gif

I ended up giving the cupcakes to a homeless dude outside, hopped back into the cab (another $10) and went home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%