I Do Part 2

Lounge By littleredtonya Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 8:47pm by cabecakes

littleredtonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleredtonya Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 4:08am
post #1 of 6

Hey everyone, its been so long since i have been on here. Its good to be back. So the reason im posting is my hubby and I are going to be renewing our vows in the next couple of months. Im getting so excited and have been looking at everything; dresses, cakes, locations.
I have some reservations though about how big or small to make the occassion. What will other people think and should we celebrate the occassion with our closest friends and family or go away and do it just ourselves. Its so confusing. I just dont know what to do.

Tonya

5 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 8:13am
post #2 of 6

you have to do what is right for you. When i was growing up my parents did a vow renewal at their 10year anniversary and did a big party (part of the reasron was a "Ha we told you we'd make it" statement as they didnn't have a lot of support when they married at 17/1icon_cool.gif
Then for their 25th they did a long weekend away to celebrate with just the two of them.

It's not about what anyone else wants/expects. It's how ever you want to celebrate.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 2:04pm
post #3 of 6

As Liely said and as I feel about weddings part one too, it is entirely up to you and hubby.

Personally I would think after a significant number of years a bigger 'do' would be really good and a smaller one after a short number of years.

I think it would also depend on your first time wedding and your group of family/friends. If you had a fairly small wedding a big renewal might be nice to sort of include those who weren't at your wedding, where if it was big a small renewal would be more intimate for you and hubby.
Some people have groups of friends and family who are just looking for an excuse for a party where others have a more reserved response to celebrations (thats not meant as an insult to either types!)
I guess it also depends on costs and how much you would want to spend (although I realise that any size can really cost as much or as little as you want)

Sorry to be of no real help but that might give you things to think about.

Have a great celebration whatever you decide!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 6

I agree, it's your day do what you want! My in-laws renewed their vows at their 50th anniversary, and they did an entire weekend! It was a full 3 day event - day 1 and 3 were at our house and day 2 was the actual reception! Heck, they even had a huge fireworks display the last day! Yeah it was a little over the top, but it was their celebration!!!

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

I agree, it's your day do what you want! My in-laws renewed their vows at their 50th anniversary, and they did an entire weekend! It was a full 3 day event - day 1 and 3 were at our house and day 2 was the actual reception! Heck, they even had a huge fireworks display the last day! Yeah it was a little over the top, but it was their celebration!!!

I also agree. This is your day and you should celebrate as you see fit. Make is a Grand Affair. Oh BTW, CONGRATULATIONS thumbs_up.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 6

If you are uncertain, maybe you could do both. Just a quite ceremony with just you and your husband and a few others, and then you could have an all out bash of a reception. Most people enjoy the reception more then the actual ceremony anyway. Just a thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%