Luster Dust Or What

Decorating By turtletb Updated 23 Feb 2011 , 5:38pm by TexasSugar

turtletb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtletb Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 7

what is the best type of dust out there that does not go on to the flowers in tiny bits so far I But what if you do not want the shine.... what other companys are out there and what are the most popular colors????

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 7

If you are looking for a matte color then you want petal dusts, not the luster dusts. There area many companies out there.

I really like Crystal colors because they are food save, have many wonderful colors and you can use the dusts to color your icings as well.

turtletb Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 7

these do not clump like the others ons from wilton do they???

TexasSugar Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 7

Which ones are you talking about?

If you are talking about the Shimmer dusts, that come three to a package and are in short round containers with white lids? Those are not meant to be dissolved in liquids. You would wet the place you want them them sprinkle them on.

If it is their pearl dusts, which are in the skinny tubes, those do dissolve in liquid, I've used vanilla extract and ever clear with them many of times.

The ones I mentioned above, do dissolve. But if you are doing flowers, you probably want to dry dust for a softer look then to mix them with something.

turtletb Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 3:08am
post #6 of 7

I did that with the flowers put a little wetness on the peddles and then sprinking the dust on it but I was looking for a smooth look like as if they are real. so the short bottles with the white lid I don't like they look granie to me.......
What is out there that you can use that does not show the grains and does not shimmer.

I will order a couple of the other ones you are tell me about and see if that is what I am looking for.

any more Ideas to try.

I not only want the colors for flowers but I would like to use them for make up on faces.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 7

You want to look for petal dusts if you are looking for non shimmery colors for flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%