Fondant Figures???

Decorating By rachelh37122 Updated 19 Feb 2011 , 7:37pm by Manderly42

rachelh37122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachelh37122 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 8

does anybody know a good book that i could use to learn how to make cute gum-paste and fondant figurines? i've looked online for tutorials but all i can find is how to do the little clothes and facial features. i'm new to this so i need a book that i can follow step by step! thanks! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 7:49am
post #2 of 8

are you talking about people, or animals? books on people are a bit far and few between. As for animals, I have got a few. A simple one to start off with is Ann Pickards 'Cake Characters'. Her designs are simple enough to follow. (A couple of the modelling pics in my photos are from her book)

angelpiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelpiecakes Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 9:24am
post #3 of 8

hi,there is a good book that gives you step-by-step guide to animal figures,its called " fun and original,CHARACTER CAKES,by Maise Parrish.what i do for ideas,is to look on amazon at the books and look for the ones you can veiw inside and make them without buying the book,save me money and gives me great ideas,sneaky i know icon_wink.gif

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 8

Maisie Parrish is brilliant, I love her books. I think they are a lot more complicated though. She wrote 'marzipan magic', which is choc full of characters, it's awesome.

squeaky121603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeaky121603 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #5 of 8

I got a few clay books at my local craft shop. Very easy to follow with gumpaste.

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 8

Here is the forum with a ton of great tutorials:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-672099.html

These really helped me when I made mine!

ChilliPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChilliPepper Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 8

Debbie Brown's books give good instruction on making various characters and figures which can easily be adapted. Also try googling! I've found some incredible tutorial videos on the internet simply by googling something like 'fondant teddybear', fondant elephant, fondant dog, etc.

Manderly42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manderly42 Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliPepper

Also try googling! I've found some incredible tutorial videos on the internet simply by googling something like 'fondant teddybear', fondant elephant, fondant dog, etc.

Couldn't agree more!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%