All Chocolate Castle

Decorating By MandyE Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 10:41am by alanahchar

MandyE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyE Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 1:53am
post #1 of 3

My son wants to do a chocolate castle cake for the cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet for the "death by chocolate" category. So we want it to be very obviously decked out in chocolate. I was planning on some kind of chocolate cookies stacked for towers with chocolate covered ice cream cones on top, Hershey bar bricks maybe or possibly break up chocolate (more a mosaic look) for a stone look for the sides. If we decide not to use the cookies for the towers though, what kind of candy would make a good "cobblestone", be very obviously chocolate, and coordinate well with the Hershey bar bricks or broken chocolate mosaic "stone"?

I was also thinking maybe a Kit Kat door? Any other thoughts? I'd like to work some color in with M&M's since they are colorful but also obviously chocolate. Any ideas?

Any thoughts, ideas, input on this cake are totally welcome! TIA!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 4:25am
post #2 of 3

Take Wilton candy discs (or similar round chocolate things), lay them on the board, and pipe chocolate "mortar" between them.

alanahchar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahchar Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 10:41am
post #3 of 3

you could use large white chocolate buttons for the windows?
chocolate fingers upright for decoration around the castle or as a fence?
i hope you post a picture when you have finished as i think it will be a very good cake would love to see it X

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%